This grant program is not yet open. Community Tree Planting Grants will launch by April 2024.
In partnership with the Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission, VT UCF will launch a Community Tree Planting Grant Program. The goal of this initiative is to support the planting of 2,000 trees statewide.
- $630,000 available in funds.
No cost-share required.
Two rounds of funding.
VT UCF offers techinical support for applicants and award winners.
- Anticipated launch is April 2024.
VT UCF will be providing direct technical assistance to applicants and grant award winners. Technical assistance may include support regarding:
- Project design and application development
- Tree planting site assessment, including soil volume and soil condition
- Selection of tree species
- Sourcing trees
- Tree planting demonstration or assistance
- Tree care, including proper mulching, staking, and pruning of newly planted trees
- Trainings for municipal staff or community volunteers
- Tree equity considerations
For more information about VT UCF's technical assistance or to start planning a project, contact Adam McCullough, VT UCF's Urban Forester, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-522-5104.
This grant program is made possible through American Rescue Plan Act State Fiscal Recovery funds.