Each spring, the Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program partners with Horsford Gardens & Nursery in Charlotte to offer free trees to schools. This program is limited to Chittenden and Addison counties. Up to 10 schools are eligible for one tree each.
Participating schools must agree to:
- Plant the tree on Arbor Day as part of a school-wide Arbor Day Ceremony.
- Pick-up the tree at Horsford Gardens & Nursery in Charlotte. They will show you how to safely unload the tree.
- If delivery is needed, there is a fee based on zip codes.
- Maintain the tree into the future.
Horsford Gardens & Nursery will provide:
- One balled-and-burlapped or containerized tree suitable for the site.
- Check out available tree species here.
Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program will provide:
- Consultation to select the right tree for the site and how to care for it.
Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to enhance your school’s grounds and educate your students about the benefits of trees.
Applications are due April 5, 2023.
View available tree species list here.
Contact Gwen at email@example.com or 802-656-7638.