Participating schools must agree to:
- Plant the tree as part of a classroom program or school-wide event.
- Pick-up the tree at Horsford's in Charlotte. They will show you how to safely unload the tree.
- If delivery is needed, there is a fee based on mileage. Delivery costs for 0-10 miles $44, $56 – 11-20 miles, $68 – 21-30 miles, $80 – 31-40 miles, $92 – 41-50 miles.
- Maintain the tree into the future.
Horsford Gardens & Nursery will provide:
- One balled-and-burlapped or containerized tree suitable for the site.
- Check out available tree species here.
Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program will provide:
- Consultation to select the right tree for the site and how to care for it.
- Opportunities to extend the ceremony and learning. Visit go.uvm.edu/celebrate to discover the resources available.
Applications are due September 18, 2020.
Gwen Kozlowski at 802-651-8343 or email@example.com.