We are excited to announce that Charlie Proutt and Eileen Schilling, owners of Horsford Gardens and Nursery in Charlotte, are once again offering one large shade or ornamental tree to ten schools in Addison and Chittenden counties for their 2019 Arbor Day Ceremonies.
Participating Schools must agree to:
- Plant the tree on Arbor Day as part of a school-wide Arbor Day Ceremony.
- Pick-up the tree at Horsford's in Charlotte. They will show you how to safely unload the tree.
- If delivery is needed, there is a fee based on mileage. Delivery costs for 0-10 miles $44, $56 – 11-20 miles, $68 – 21-30 miles, $80 – 31-40 miles, $92 – 41-50 miles.
- Maintain the tree into the future.
Horsford Gardens & Nursery will provide:
One balled-and-burlapped or containerized tree suitable for the site.
The Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program will provide:
- Consultation to select the right tree for the site and how to care for it.
- Opportunities to extend the ceremony and learning. Discover the resources available.
Applications are due April 12, 2019.
Applications can be completed:
Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program
University of Vermont Extension
140 Kennedy Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403
Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to enhance your school’s grounds and educate your students about the benefits of trees.
Gwen Kozlowski at 802-651-8343 or email@example.com.