Tree Campus Healthcare is a sister program to the Tree Campus USA, Tree City USA and Tree Line USA programs, and is administered by the Arbor Day Foundation. The program recognizes health institutions that make a mission-aligned impact on community wellness through tree education, investment, and community engagement.
Standards for Tree Campus Healthcare Recognition
- Advisory Committee: representation from a diverse cross-section of campus professionals and employees.
- Facility Tree Care Plan: understanding of what exists today and then offers a vision of the future.
- Community Forestry Project: develop meaningful connections between the facility and local community forestry initiatives that benefit residents, patients and employees.
- Celebrate & Educate: host a celebration event or an awareness campaign that highlights the connection between trees, nature, and human health.
- Financial Investment: facility will work towards an annual investment of $2 per employee (suggested).