Celebrate Vermont Arbor Day on Friday, May 7th, 2021!
Arbor Day is a day set aside to celebrate trees and all of their benefits. It has been over 130 years since J. Sterling Morton founded Arbor Day. His simple idea of establishing a special day for planting trees is now more important than ever. In Vermont, we celebrate Arbor Day on the First Friday in May, a day when we can roll up our sleeves and plant trees!
2021 Arbor Day Raffle
A complete scavenger hunt or craft project is not necessary for entry. Our only goal is to get families outside to enjoy trees!
May 31, 2021
How to Enter
Submit a photo to Gwen.Kozlowski@uvm.edu. Photos must be less than 20 MB.
By sending a photo, you give consent for the Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program (VTUCF) at the University of Vermont Extension to use the photograph without any compensation. This photo can be used in newsletter articles, social media posts, and posted on the VTUCF website. You may revoke my consent at any time by written notice to VTUCF.
Five winners will be selected and offered their choice of the following prizes:
- Sibley’s Trees of Trails and Forests of the Northeast & Upper Midwest (laminated guide)
- Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program T-shirts
- Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program Visor or Hat
- Green Mountain Club Day Hiker's Guide to Vermont
Questions? Contact Gwen at email@example.com or 802-651-8343.
Ask An Arborist Webinar Series
VT UCF is celebrating all month long with an "Ask an Arborist" webinar series. Each Friday, we will have a certified arborist host an informal conversation about all things trees- from planting to pruning! Each arborist will share about their work and answer any tree question you may have!
- May 7, 10 am with Tim Smith, Rutland
- May 14, 10 am with Tim Parsons, Middlebury College
- May 21, 10 am with Bill Conn, VELCO
- May 28, 10 am with VJ Comai, Burlington
Register below and you will be emailed the access link. The online platform used is GoToMeeting.