VT UCF is currently seeking applicants for an Emerald Ash Borer Management grants program to support ash tree removals and tree replacements in municipalities impacted by an emerald ash borer (EAB) infestation.
With special funds from the US Forest Service, Vermont was selected as one of only three northeastern states to work with target municipalities to implement emerald ash borer (EAB) management within the public right-of-way along rural roadsides. This funding is intended for municipalities that are prepared to remove public ash trees threatened by EAB and to plant new trees of different species to offset the loss of the ash trees.
Project proposals for our 2020 Emerald Ash Borer Management grants are due on Friday, January 17th, 2020.
If you have questions, let us know.
2020 Emerald Ash Borer Grants: Ash Tree Removals and Tree Replacements
VT UCF is seeking three municipal partners to each receive a $15,000 grant, for a total of $45,000 in cost-share grants available for 2020. These funds will be distributed through a competitive grant review and selection process.
Required and Eligible Project Components
Projects should focus on managing the threat of emerald ash borer (EAB) to public ash trees and the urban and community forest, focusing on the rural road right-of-way environment. Projects must include:
- Removal of ash trees
- Replacement tree plantings
Although not required, projects may also include other components directly related to managing the threat of EAB locally, including:
- Increasing municipal staff capacity
- Engaging property owners and the public
- Monitoring the spread of EAB
For more information or assistance, contact the VT UCF staff listed below.
- Grant Application Questions: Elise Schadler, (802) 522-6015 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project Development Questions: Joanne Garton, (802) 259-4217 or email@example.com
- Grant Submission Questions: Jenny Lauer, Administrative Assistant, (802) 828-1531 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn about & look up your D-U-N-S number
- Sample State of Vermont Grant Agreement
- Emerald Ash Borer Management
- Emerald Ash Borer in Vermont
- Ash Tree Inventories
- Vermont's Slow the Spread Recommendations
- Vermont Trees for Streams Resource Guide
- Tree Species for Riparian Planting in Vermont
- Vermont Tree Selection Guidance
- Vermont Tree Selection Tool
- Cornell: Recommended Urban Trees
- Right Tree Right Place