We are pleased to announce the 2022 Communities Caring for Canopy grant program. Applications are due January 7th, 2022.
Communities Caring for Canopy grants act as seed funding to help communities care for their publicly managed trees and forests by taking the necessary actions to develop and sustain a community-wide tree program. These grants allow for multiple program components (e.g. tree planting, tree maintenance, planning, public outreach, staff and tree warden training) to be merged into one grant application for ease and flexibility.
2022 Communities Caring for Canopy Grants
$50,000 total in 1:1 cost-share grants will be available in 2022. The minimum funding for proposals is $1,000 and the maximum funding for proposals is $5,000. These funds will be distributed through a competitive grant review and selection process.
Eligible Project Components
Projects must relate to urban and community forestry in publicly managed spaces, take place in Vermont, and may consist of one or more of the following program components:
- Tree planting
- Tree maintenance
- Removal of public ash trees
- Tree inventory
- Plan development
- Emerald ash borer preparedness
- Public outreach
- Staff or tree warden training
- Program development
Note: if using the fillable PDF, download the form to your computer BEFORE beginning to fill it out.
For more information or assistance, contact the VT UCF staff listed below.
- Grant Application Questions: Elise Schadler, (802) 522-6015 or email@example.com
- Project Development Questions: Joanne Garton, (802) 259-4217 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grant Submission Questions: Jenny Lauer, Administrative Assistant, (802) 828-1531 or email@example.com
- Learn about & look up your D-U-N-S number
- Sample State of Vermont Grant Agreement
- Emerald Ash Borer Management
- Emerald Ash Borer in Vermont
- Vermont Tree Selection Tool
- Cornell: Recommended Urban Trees
- Right Tree Right Place
- Planning to Purchase a Tree: Tree Planting and Establishment
- Protecting Your Investment
- Pruning Young Trees
- Pruning Mature Trees
- Trees and Stormwater
- Vermont Green Streets Guide