Arbor Day Tree ID

Tree identification can be daunting task. Approximately 80% of all trees in Vermont are the following nine species. There are an additional 40 trees species that total the remaining 20%. Some species are more locally abundant than others, but this guide highlights the most distinguishing features of each species.

Below are a series of short videos for each species to help identify the most distingusing features. Videos were created by Chittenden County Forester, Ethan Tapper.

View Top 9 Tree Guide

Key tree identification terms explained here.

 

PLANT. LIVE. GROW.