Vermont Arbor Day Conference 2020
Thursday, April 30, 2020
Vermont College of Fine Arts, Montpelier
Call for Conference Workshops
Have an idea, project, or partnership that you want to share? Submit a workshop proposal for 2020 Vermont Arbor Day Conference!
Proposals for a presentation on any aspect of urban and community forestry (local, statewide, or national issues) are welcome. This is an opportunity for presenters to share case studies, successful management techniques, initiatives or models related to:
- Urban forestry planning and management
- Technical tree care skills
- Community forestry
- Forest health issues
- Invasive species management, namely emerald ash borer
- Volunteer involvement and opportunities
- Wood utilization
- Effective partnerships
Deadline for proposals is Friday, December 13, 2019.
Want to connect to local tree advocates and network with municipal decision makers? Join us as a sponsor for the 2020 Vermont Arbor Day Conference. Three levels are available:
- Seedling Level: $100, receive your logo on conference webpage and brochure, plus one admission to the conference
- Sapling Level: $250, receive your logo on conference webpage and brochure, plus two admissions to the conference
- Tree Level: $500: receive your logo on conference webpage and brochure, plus two admissions to the conference and tabling space at lunch
If you would like to become a Vermont Arbor Day Conference sponsor, please contact Gwen at email@example.com or 802-651-8343, ext 506.
About the Conference
The Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program hosts a one-day conference held in honor of Arbor Day and all of the hardworking professionals and stewards that care for our community trees.
The Vermont Arbor Day Conference welcomes the stewards of Vermont's urban trees and community forests to enhance their technical skills, discuss relevant topics in urban forestry, and network with professionals and volunteers engaged in urban and community forestry.
Gwen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-651-8343.
Keynote: Jan Reynolds, author and moutaineer
Keynote: Diane Cook & Len Jenshel, authors & photographers of Wise Trees
Keynote: Joe Murray, Consulting Arborist & Educator
Keynote: Tree Stories with Willem Lange