Do you own less than 25 acres and are interested in learning more about your woods?
Do you want to become a more active steward of your woods?
Then you may be interested in the Backyard Woods Program.
The Vermont Backyard Woods Program is a six-week online program that, using a combination of video's, webinars, discussion forums, and weekly activities, explores the following themes:
- An Introduction to Your Backyard and Beyond
- Getting to Know Your Woods
- Backyard Woods Projects
- Developing a Backyard Woods Action Plan
By the end of the program participants will:
- Understand why their backyard woods matter, the benefits it provides, and how it contributes to Vermont’s forest landscape.
- Identify natural history and cultural features in their backyard woods.
- Identify and rank stewardship goals and objectives for their property.
- Develop a stewardship action plan with a project schedule and plan for implementing stewardship activities.
- Increase awareness and connection to resources and organizations available to assist landowners in post-course activities.
Stay tuned for course registration!
The Vermont Backyard Woods Program is a collaborative effort between UVM Extension, VT Department Forests, Parks and Recreation, Vermont Fish and Wildlife, Vermont Woodlands Association, VT Coverts, and VT Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS).