Join Tim Walsh, Corporate Safety Director for Davey Tree Expert Company and based in Ohio, for a presentation and discussion about safe climbing, pruning, and removal of ash trees infested with emerald ash borer. This online forum will outline the technical difficulties associated with managing EAB-infested ash and allow for discussion and information sharing among tree care professionals currently managing ash in Vermont.
Who Can Attend?
This event is intended for practicing arborists only.
This program is registered for 2 ISA and 2 VT pesticide (category 2A, 3A, 10) continuing education credits.
Registration is required. You will be emailed an access link prior to the event.
Contact Joanne Garton, technical assistance coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Tim Walsh
Tim has been a climbing arborist for more than 30 years, has owned his own business, and worked as a contract climber with companies around the world. He has Masters and Bachelor’s degrees in Urban Forestry from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point a Masters in safety from and is currently working on his doctorate in ergonomics and safety from the University of Massachusetts. His research looks at risk in the tree care profession.
- a Certified Treecare Safety Professional
- an ISA Certified Arborist and Certified Tree Worker Climber Specialist
- a voting member of the 2022 revision of the ANSI Z133 and has been involved with the Accredited Standards Committee Z133 for several revisions. He has served as a task chair for two task groups and is been actively involved in several other Task Groups.
- on the Utility Arborist Association (UAA) Board of directors as President-elect
- a stakeholder/representative for the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation group interested in reducing potential injury/death of tree service workers in Ohio, and
- a member of the Tree Care Industry (TCI) Magazine Editorial Advisory Committee.