The Summit is a day-long educational and networking event for community volunteers engaged in planning and caring for natural resources. Join us as we share experiences and ideas on the many issues communities face in managing natural resource assets, from town forests to town plans!
This year’s theme is “Caring for Vermont’s Waters – What We Can Do!!” and we’ll be exploring what CCs and local conservationists can do to protect these valuable resources. This theme is woven through all the sessions.
Here’s a sneak peek at the day’s schedule:
We are excited to have David Deen as our keynote speaker and have the following breakout sessions planned throughout the day:
- Wetlands, Streams & Rivers that deserve higher level of protection
- Rivers Management Program
- Clean Water State Revolving Fund use of CWSRF to include Natural Resource Projects
- Protection & Restoration of native fish populations
- Managing different points of view in Water Quality
- Drinking Water/Town Water; wellhead protection areas
- How to engage landowners
- Effective Leadership/Facilitation
- Using Social Media for Communication & Outreach
Who: Open to everyone! This event serves as the Annual Meeting for the Association of Vermont Conservation Commissions. We welcome current commissioners, community volunteers, and those interested in becoming more involved in their community.
When: September 29, 2018 8:30-3:30 p.m.
Where: Green Mountain College, Poultney, VT – “The Gorge” room in Withey building. Campus Map
We encourage carpooling! We’ve set up a Google Spreadsheet.
Cost: Early Bird (Until September 1st) – $30 for AVCC members and $45 for non-members Regular Registration (9/1 through 9/29) – $40 for AVCC members and $55 for non-members
Please try to register early!
How do I know if I’m an AVCC member? Check this list to see if your commission is a dues-paid member of AVCC this year.
AVCC offers two types of membership, organizational ($50) and individual ($20). Membership is valid for one year from July 1st through the end of June each year. For maximum savings, we suggest your CC JOIN AVCC before individual members register for the Summit to get the member rates listed above. Let your CC members know before they register if your CC is a current dues-paid member.
Registration: Pre-registration is encouraged by September 22nd. Day of registration will be accepted with cash or check. First, check this list to see if your commission is a dues-paid member of AVCC this year.
- To pay now with a credit card – please register below and in the “PAYMENT” section, under “Payment Method” select “Credit/Debit Card”. Fill out the rest of the information and hit the green Pay Now button.
- To pay by check through the mail – please register below and in the “PAYMENT” section, under “Payment Method” select “Pay by Check” and hit the green Pay by Check button. Mail the check and your name or ticket to AVCC, c/o VLCT, 89 Main Street, Montpelier VT 05602.
- To pay with cash or check on the day of the event, please register below and in the “PAYMENT” section, under “Payment Method” select “Pay at the Door” and hit the green Pay at the Door button
- To register a CC with one payment, – Please use the same registration procedure and also email us with then names of those attending. First, select the number of tickets you’re purchasing. You’ll be asked to enter a ticket buyers name and email. If you, personally, aren’t going to attend the event (e.g. a town clerk registering the CC) please use the Town name in that field. Choose any of the three payment options: credit card, snail mail a check, or pay at door cash/check. Please email email@example.com to let us know the names of the individuals you registered.