We are pleased to announce VT UCF's 2023 grant program, with two categories: Communities Caring for Canopy and Growing Urban Forests in the Face of Emerald Ash Borer. Combined, there will be $110,000 in funding available and applications are due for both categories on December 30th, 2022.
Overview of the two grant categories:
Communities Caring for Canopy
- $1,000 - $5,000 award range
- 1:1 match required (e.g., applicant requests $5,000 and must provide match valued at $5,000 or higher)
- Supports projects to develop or sustain a community-wide tree program
- All Vermont communities are eligible
- Learn more
Growing Urban Forests in the Face of Emerald Ash Borer
- $3,000 - $20,000 award range
- 2:1 match required (e.g., applicant requests $5,000 and must provide match valued at $2,500 or higher)
- Supports projects to plant trees to offset the loss of ash trees due to emerald ash borer
- Eligibility aligns with Department of Housing and Community Development’s state designation programs: downtowns, village centers, new town centers, growth centers, and neighborhood development areas.
- Learn more
If you have questions about UCF grants or would like to see sample applications, check out our Grant FAQ page.