We are pleased to announce our 2021 Arbor Day Tree Planting Grants to help Vermont communities celebrate trees locally this spring. VT UCF is celebrating 2021 Arbor Day through a month-long celebration and by offering twenty-one grants of $1,000 each for tree planting and other urban and community forest stewardship activities.
This grant program is now closed.
$21,000 in grants is available for 2021; each grant will be for $1,000. There is no cost-share (match) requirement. These funds will be distributed through a competitive grant review and selection process. Due to the administrative effort required to process grants, proposals requesting less than $1,000 will not be considered.
Eligible Project Components
Projects must include planting at least one tree and take place in Vermont. Projects may consist of one or more of the following program components:
- Public outreach and engagement.
- Tree maintenance, including supporting the growing environment for long-term success.
- Increasing local capacity to manage and steward municipal trees.
To help VT UCF share the good work and extend the Arbor Day celebrations across Vermont, grantees will be asked to cpature the tree planting event(s) with photos that will be shared through various media outlets, including VT UCF's social media accounts.
For more information or assistance, contact the VT UCF staff listed below.
- Grant Application Questions: Elise Schadler, (802) 522-6015 or email@example.com
- Project Development Questions: Joanne Garton, (802) 259-4217 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grant Submission Questions: Jenny Lauer, Administrative Assistant, (802) 828-1531 or email@example.com
- Learn about & look up your D-U-N-S number
- Sample State of Vermont Grant Agreement
- Vermont Tree Selection Tool
- Cornell: Recommended Urban Trees
- Right Tree Right Place
- Planning to Purchase a Tree: Tree Planting and Establishment
- Protecting Your Investment
- Pruning Young Trees
- Pruning Mature Trees
- Trees and Stormwater
- Vermont Green Streets Guide
- Main Streets to Green Streets